Wellbeing & Health

Emmanuel is known for our collaborative environment, ensuring all our students feel supported, encouraged & content during their time with us.

We aim to enable every one to flourish, for life, taking advantage of our inclusive, supportive community and special surroundings.

The Emmanuel Welfare Team is led by the Senior Tutor (internally known as the 'Master & Tutors' Committee'). Other members of the Fellowship & staff, and our student body, provide all kinds of support. This includes everything from onetoone academic & pastoral support, to welfare activities & dropin sessions, to community walks & sports.

Emmanuel Wellbeing Staff

You can contact any of the wellbeing staff at any time. They will aim to respond as soon as possible. They can speak to you in confidence via any means of communication.

If you have any concerns about your friends, you should reach out to them. If they need support from the College, you should inform a member of the wellbeing staff.

Advisors to BAME & Women Students

Pallavi Singh and Devon Curtis can be contacted by any BAME or women students (respectively). They can discuss any specific or general concerns, in confidence. They are accessible in person during their regular College office hours.


Tim Ellis is able to offer confidential & secure meetings. He can help you to explore any concerns & difficulties you may be experiencing. He will then identify the best options for moving forward. He is available for appointments in the Counselling Rooms in 5 St Andrew's Street, Rooms 10 &11. The University also runs a Counselling Service for students.

Dean & Assistant Chaplain

Jeremy Caddick is always available to provide advice & confidential support to all students. David Bagnall assists the Dean and can help any student with any concerns & support needed. Both will assist all students, irrespective of their faith.

Head Porter & Porters' Team

'Monty' Montgomery & his team are known as some of the friendliest Porters across Cambridge, and are available 24/7 in the Lodge.


Diana Lloyd gives medical & mental health advice, and undertakes minor treatments. The College Health Centre is open on Mondays 12001500, and Tuesday, Thursday & Friday afternoons 16301830. Any updates to the times of regular surgeries will be posted in the Porters’ Lodge.

Tutorial Office

Anna Osipova & her team are available during office hours (0930–1630 Monday–Friday). They work in the Tutorial Office, and contactable by email throughout the working week.

Please consult our College policies if you are, or have been, affected by harassment or sexual misconduct.