Emmanuel is known for our collaborative environment, ensuring all our students feel supported, encouraged & content during their time with us. We aim to enable everyone to flourish, for life, taking advantage of our inclusive, supportive community and special surroundings.
Our wellbeing staff, alongside our staff, Fellowship and student body, provide all kinds of support. This includes everything from one–to–one academic & pastoral support, to welfare activities & drop–in sessions, to community walks & sports. You can contact any of the wellbeing staff in confidence, at any time. They will aim to respond as soon as possible. If you have any concerns about your friends, you should reach out to them. If they need support from the College, you should inform a member of the wellbeing staff.
Emmanuel Wellbeing Staff
Senior Tutor: Professor Robert Henderson
- Prof Henderson has overall education and welfare responsiblity for undergraduates. He is also responsible for students' attendance & residence in College, administration of student funding, permissions for meetings/parties etc. and enforcement of College Regulations.
Welfare & Tutor Team (Master & Tutors' Committee)
- The Master & Tutors are part of a committee who have weekly meetings during Term, to discuss matters of student welfare and funding needs. Student representatives are also on this committee, and raise any important matters from the student body which the Tutors & College Officers need to be aware of.
Advisors to BAME & Women Students: Dr Peace Atakpa, Dr Saite Lu, & Dr Syamala Roberts and Dr Devon Curtis
- These advisors are members of the Fellowship, who can discuss general or specific concerns from BAME & Women students (respectively).
Counsellor: Tim Ellis
- Counselling is available to under– & postgraduate students, both in term and out of term. You can email Tim for information about counselling, or to request an appointment. You can talk about any issue that is affecting your life and studies. Counselling is confidential and non–judgemental, with sessions provided in College.
Dean's Team: Jeremy Caddick & David Bagnall
- Jeremy & David provide pastoral care, advice and a listening ear to all members of College, and are responsible for the running of the Chapel. They can be contacted via email, or in C2—Front Court (Jeremy) or NC1—North Court Cloisters (David).
Head Porter: Stephen 'Monty' Montgomery
- Our Porters are known to be some of the friendliest across Cambridge, and are available 24/7 in the Lodge. They are always happy to welcome students for a cup of tea and all kinds of support. All Porters are first–aiders and are responsible for students' keys & general safety, as well as being the first port of call for any emergency.
Nurse: Diana Lloyd
- The College Health Centre (Front Court) open every afternoon apart from Wednesday. Diana can help with medical & mental health advice, minor treatments, and assistance with GPs & repeat prescriptions.
Tutorial Team: Anna Osipova
- Anna O, Sonia, Eve & Anna K are avaiable during office hours (0930–1630 Monday–Friday) and can be contacted by email or in B1—Front Court. They can help with anything academic or pastoral, as well as all student administration queries.