To enter all you have to do is form a team and then write a one-page summary of a business or social enterprise idea. The teams with the best ideas will then pitch to a panel of expert judges. The winning team will receive a cash prize of £2500 and the two runners-up will each receive £250. Along the way, aided by an experienced mentor, you will learn how to write a business plan, pitch your idea, assess the competition, develop a business model and raise finance.
Thursday, 19 October 2023 at 5.30pm in the Old Library, followed by a networking reception. We are pleased to advise that our keynote speaker is Professor Florin Udrea. Each person attending must register here to attend (for catering purposes).
Experienced entrepreneurs from Emmanuel are offering online tutorials during the Michaelmas and Lent terms. Access the schedule, topics, and speakers here. Registration is not required.
Form Your Team
Any team of up to three, can be a mix of students, postdocs, Research Fellows and alumni, at least one of whom must be a member of Emmanuel. Submit a 1-page outline of your idea by 5pm on Tuesday, 13 February 2024 (shortlisted teams are assigned a mentor). Information on how to upload your outline will be provided at a later date. Competition entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Describe the problem addressed, the proposed solution and its novelty
- Explain how it will disrupt the market and/or how it differentiates itself from the competition.
- Describe the business model, market validation and routes to market.
- Outline the team you will need, the funding required and how it will be deployed.
- What will be the impact including social and environmental aspects?
- Is there growth potential to expand and address global markets?
The Competition Final
Monday, 22 April 2024 at 4.30pm in the Queen's Building Lecture Theatre. Each team will give a 10-minute pitch with slides followed by a 5-minute Q&A. The Judges will award the winning team £2500 plus two £250 prizes for runners-up. Each person attending must register here to attend (for catering purposes). This form is currently closed. Registration will open in 2024 Lent.
For all enquiries, please contact: email@example.com