The graduation ceremony at which most of our students are awarded their degrees takes place in June, at the end of the Easter Term.
Cambridge degrees are conferred (awarded) by the Congregation of the Regent House, subject to students meeting all the academic & residence requirements.
General Admission is where undergraduate degrees (and some postgraduate degrees) are conferred: BTh, BA, VetMB and BA with MEng or MMath or MSci degrees. Our graduating students are known as 'graduands', and Emmanuel usually presents them to the Senate House on Fridays.
Normal General Admission Timetable
- In order to graduate & celebrate degrees, our graduands need to fill in our online booking form, to confirm intentions for graduation and other college celebrations
- The evening before General Admission, our graduands are invited for dinner in Hall with the Fellows (often their Director[s] of Studies & supervisors), with drinks beforehand.
- On the morning of the ceremony, the Dean holds a rehearsal in the Old Library, followed by a photograph in Front Court.
- The graduands assemble on Front Court with the Dean & Head Porter, and proceed to the Senate House for the ceremony.
- After the ceremony has been completed, the now-graduated students return to College for a drinks reception with their guests.