Buildings & Grounds
Particularly notable developments in the College’s buildings and grounds over the past two decades include the following:
The award-winning Queen’s Building contains an 150-seat theatre, the MCR, reception and seminar rooms, and music practice facilities.
Working out at Emmanuel has never been easier with the recent opening of a new College Fitness Suite in the basement of 22 Parkside.
When the new refurbished Library opened in 2012, the number of reader spaces increased from 60 to 138. The building is very popular and well used, and has grown considerably in size.
Park Terrace has been transformed from a row of residential houses to being an integral part of the main College site.
Old Court was built in 1634 and gives the impression of having changed very little since. Ron Gray’s guide to College buildings describes it as a simple building and as ‘one of the most pleasing in College’.