The Old Library is a historic, light space with Elizabethan walls lined with oak panels, and mullioned windows. It retains its medieval open-timber screen at its entrance.
It was the original Chapel from the foundation of the College in 1584. As a religious building, it was constructed in a non–conformist north–south layout. After the completion of the Wren Chapel, it was used as the Library between 1680 & 1930. The walls are lined with paintings of College donors, and an original, full-length portrait of our founder, Sir Walter Mildmay.
The College community use this flat floor space for performances, functions & recitals. It can be laid for dinners up to 90 people, or receptions of up to 130.
|Dimensions (m)||8 x 18|
|Max Capacity||100 seated, 130 standing.|
|Features & Facilities||Disabled access, WiFi, projector & screen, microphones, flipcharts & whiteboard|