This free programme will provide participants with insight into life as a Cambridge student, equipping them with the tools and knowledge needed to aspire to a university such as Cambridge.
Several online sessions will be run by the Emmanuel Outreach team and a group of dedicated undergraduate ambassadors studying a range of subjects at Cambridge.
Participants will be able to watch a range of exclusive lectures recorded by Emmanuel Fellows, and experience a Cambridge supervision with one of these academics. Following this online section of the programme, participants and one Parent/Guardian will be invited to a Celebration Day at Emmanuel College in March 2024.
Participants must be in Year 12 at a state school in one Emmanuel's Link Areas (Sheffield, Essex, Thurrock or Southend-on-Sea). Further eligibility criteria applies:
- They must be taking a minimum of two A-Level subjects.
- Ideally, they will be on track to achieve the University's minimum entry requirements (A*AA/A*A*A): Courses for 2024 entry | Undergraduate Study (cam.ac.uk).
They must also meet one or more of the following eligibility criteria:
- Are eligible for Free School Meals (or have been in the past six years), or Pupil Premium
- Would be the first generation in their family to go to University
- A young carer
- A care leaver or care-experienced
- An asylum seeker or refugee
- Are from a home postcode in an area with relatively low participation in Higher Education (POLAR 4 Quintiles 1 or 2) or in an area with less advantaged socio-economic characteristics (IMD Quintiles 1 or 2).
- Are estranged from close family members (e.g., parents/carers)
- Have medical/health issues (including mental health), particularly those that have resulted in long or extended periods of absence (over 8 weeks) from school in the last 6 years.
- From a racial or ethnic minority background that is under-represented at the University of Cambridge: Bangladeshi and Pakistani subgroups, all Black ethnicity subgroups, the Mixed White/Black subgroup, the Arab subgroup and the Irish Traveller/Gypsy subgroup.
Applications close at 12pm on Friday 5th January 2024. To apply: Link Area Programme Application Form 2024