To use the College Library and to borrow books current members of College need to register for a library account. Please contact the Library on email@example.com to make an appointment to register and have a library induction.
- Books can be borrowed and returned 24/7 using the Self-Service terminal at the entrance of the Library.
- Book Loan Allowance: 10 books
- Loan Period: Undergraduates = 14 days in term time, otherwise vacation loan period
- Postgraduates = 28 days in term time, otherwise vacation loan period.
Medical Sciences Short-Loan Collection
- Book Loan Allowance: A maximum of two books only can be borrowed at any one time from the Short-Loan Collection.
- Loan period: 24 hour loan (red label on spine) and 72 hour loan (yellow label on spine).
Cloke Film Collection
- DVD Loan Allowance: 2
- Loan period: 48 hours
- To borrow a DVD from the Cloke Collection take the empty case to Library Reception when it is staffed. Returned DVDs can be posted in the DVD drop in the side of the Self-Service terminal desk.
Book Reminders and Overdues
Library users are responsible for returning the books they have out on loan on or before their due date. As a courtesty reminders and overdues are generated automatically by the Library’s automated management system and are sent by e-mail, however these should not be relied on. Books can be renewed as long as another library user has not requested it and as long as it has not become overdue. If it is overdue it should be returned directly to a member of the Library Staff.