The College Library contains over 60,000 books. It is open 24/7 for current College members, and provides a range of different study spaces.
- Open 24/7 throughout the year with the exception of the period between Christmas and the New Year when the College is closed.
- The Library Reception desk is normally staffed between 9 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. week days only.
- A team of Student Library Assistants work at Library Reception during term time from 7:30 p.m. – 10 p.m. week day evenings and 2:30 p.m. – 5 p.m. week-ends.
The Library has a range of different types of study spaces.
- Main Reading Room: 4 study desks each seating 8 readers, 5 seating 6 and 1 seating 4
- David Williams Room: 1 study desk seating 8
- 4th Floor Reading Room: 3 study desks seating 6
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors each have 9 study carrels for private study
- Computer Room: location 1st floor, contains six computers and printer
- WiFi: throughout the building
- Networked photocopier: location ground floor
- 33 Lockers: location ground floor, 24 hour use only
- Meeting Room: location 3rd floor. Can be booked for group study. Book at Library Reception
- Wates Room: location 2nd floor. Small chill out space. Includes Wates Room Fiction Collection (light reading from Harry Potter to Hilary Mantel)
- Book Stands and Laptop Supports: a small number of Book stands and Laptop Supports are available for use in the Library. These can be found on shelf above the Returned Books Bin near the entrance
Vacation Loan Michaelmas Term
The vacation loan starts at 9:30 am. on Monday 27th November.
Short Loan Books can be borrowed from 9:30 a.m. on Friday 1st December (maximum of two books from the Short Loan collection))