Emmanuel has at present about 142 postgraduate rooms and seven flats for couples. All new postgraduate students whose admission is confirmed by 1 August are usually offered accommodation for the first year of their course. The College can normally house overseas postgraduates students for the 3 years of their course. PhD students from the UK and Ireland may be accommodated in their second and third years if there are rooms available. We do not normally know if there are rooms available until July at the earliest.
- 38 rooms in Barnwell Hostel on Newmarket Road near the river, 15 minutes walk from the main College site .
- 32 rooms in Blantyre Hostel on Glisson Road, 10 minutes walk from the main College site. There is a living room and TV room.
- 20 rooms in Park Lodge and 2 Park Terrace on the edge of the main College site.
- 15 rooms in 33 & 43 Tenison Road near Mill Road, 15 minutes walk from the main College site.
- 8 rooms in Cutter Ferry House on Cutter Ferry Path by the river, 15 minutes walk from the main College site.
- 2 further houses accommodating 29 students on Hills Road near to Addenbrookes Hospital. These rooms are usually reserved for clinical medical students.
Accommodation Notes and Conditions
- All rooms are furnished and you may not bring additional furniture without permission from the Bursar.
- All rooms are for a single occupancy with a single bed, and there is no living room.
- Most rooms have a shared bathroom.
- UK & Irish PhD students are only guaranteed accommodation for one year. PhD students who indicate that they do not wish to have a College room in their first year can transfer this entitlement to their final year instead.
- We regret that the College does not have any accommodation that is suitable for children.
- Room rents for 2023/24 are as follows:
Grade Weekly rent 1 £148.12 2 £159.92 3 £171.92 4 £183.82 5 £195.72 6 £207.62 7 £219.42 8
- The rent includes cleaning, heating and lighting, basic contents insurance and the computer network.
- These figures are those for postgraduates resident for 10 weeks each term on the main College site. They are thus a maximum. Students living away from the main site, who pay a reduced CFC will pay slightly less, and those resident through the year are only charged for 12 weeks rent per quarter in each 13 week period, or fewer depending on the requirements of your course.
- Please note, that Emma does not offer accommodation to non-members.