Emmanuel's elegant, historic surroundings and our care & attention to detail will make your day a unique and joyful experience.
If you would like to be married in the College Chapel, the Dean will meet you to discuss & agree this. Ceremonies usually begin at 14:00, but this can be discussed. Alumni & current College members should be able to obtain the necessary marriage licence without difficulty.
Following the ceremony, drinks can be served in a variety of locations. We can offer both waiter service and bar tables across our spectacular gardens & stylish rooms. Often the locations for drinks depend on the weather:
- if sunny, we serve in the expansive Paddock by the Jester
- in mixed weather, the quiet & dignified Chapel Cloisters are used
- if wet of cold, drinks are served in the light, wood-panelled Old Library
We offer a variety of drinks for receptions. Champagne, Prosecco or Pimm's are our usual drinks menu. Fruit punch & sparkling elderflower pressé are also available. Our drinks receptions are usually between one & two hours in length. This is to give you time to take your wedding photos and mingle with guests.
Our College Hall provides an elegant venue for your wedding breakfast. The Hall is permanently laid in the format of a medieval hall: the traditional Cambridge college layout. A 'high table' of eighteenth-century oak is laid on a dais. This is illuminated by bright, mullioned windows on either sided. Three historic oak & spruce benches are laid at right angles. Each of these span the length of the Hall.
Our table settings include:
- White tablecloths, College-crested napkins & silver candles
- Menus & place cards, supplied by the College
- Chairs or benches (according to your table plan & numbers)
- Your cake set on the silver College stand
Our new Bar and Party Room is a bright and welcoming space for your evening reception, with the new basement party room for dancing and entertainment.
We are delighted to be able to provide some accomodation within the College for the use of the couple.