We hope to make your day a unique experience providing the traditions and beauty of the college, below your find more information on how the day might unfold.
If you wish to be married in the Chapel this must be agreed at a meeting with the Dean (old and current members should be able to obtain the necessary licence without difficulty). Ceremonies usually start at 2pm but this can be discussed.
The location for drinks following your wedding ceremony will depend on the weather: they will be served in the Paddock if sunny, the Chapel Cloisters if the weather is mixed, or the Old Library if wet or cold. Drinks will be served from a table and will also be circulated by staff.
Popular drinks include Champagne, Prosecco or Pimms. Soft drinks such as fruit punch and sparkling elderflower pressé are available. We usually allow one to two hours for a reception, this gives you enough time to take photos and mingle with guests.
The Wedding Breakfast
The wedding breakfast is served in the Lower Hall, this is a traditional Cambridge college with three long tables and a high table on the dais. The wedding breakfast usually begins at about 5.00pm.
The table setting in the Hall includes:
- White tablecloths, College crested napkins & candles
- Menu and place cards supplied by the College
- Chairs or benches according to your table plan
- Your wedding cake will be set upon the College silver cake stand and placed on a table in the Hall.
Service for the meal usually allows for starter and main course before a pause to allow the couple to cut the cake this is then taken away to be cut and served with coffee. Dessert can then be served before speeches which allows time for glasses to be refiled ready for the all-important toasts.
For your evening reception a cash bar can be set up in the marquee in New Court with entertainment in the Old Library.
The bar will offer:
- Bottled lager
- A selection of spirits
- White and red wine
- Soft drinks
Other drinks can be made available on request.
We can also offer a selection of evening buffets. The bar will serve until 11.15pm and the wedding party & guests must vacate the College by 11.30pm promptly.
- We will provide you with a table plan for the number of guest, unfortunately we are not able to move the tables from these positions. The final table plan should be delivered a few days before your wedding together with place cards.
- Flowers may be delivered on the morning of the wedding and will be set according to your instructions.
- Special dietary requirements can be catered for - please inform us of any guests with allergies (nuts, lactose, specific products, etc.).
- We can invoice only to one main account: this includes any associated accommodation booked in College.