Another Master who had been an undergraduate at Emmanuel, admitted in 1686 and a Fellow from 1692 to 1703.
Savage was the incumbent of parishes in London and later in Kent, where he held the benefice of Stone in conjunction with his Mastership. He carried out reforms in the working of the College library, kitchen and buttery, and was in charge of the financial side of the erection of the Westmorland Building, thereby displaying his practical ability. He was often resident in London, perhaps seeking funds for the new building. He left some published sermons and was buried at Sampford in Essex.