Postgraduate Freshers' Information
The following documents are available in PDF format:
To opt out of hard copies of these documents please complete this form.
If you do not complete this form, a hard copy pack of documents will be printed for you.
Welcome to your Postgraduate Studies
Please read these documents first. The other sections below give more detailed information.
- Postgraduate Tutors Welcome
- MCR Freshers' Guide 2020
- NEW! Postgraduate Freshers Week Programme 2020
- Request for information on increased susceptibility to infectious diseases (freshers)
- ACCD letter for your doctor
The MCR website has information about the MCR (Middle Combination Room).
Accommodation and Finance
- First Payment and Payment of Fees
- Postgrad Fresher Pack Guarantee Funding 2020-21
- Domestic Matters
- Postgraduate Estimated Expenses 20-21
- Arrangements for paying your rent and First Payment and Grad Flats - Full Version 2020-21
- Bank Account Details 2020-21
Visit the College and you'll find a warm, welcoming community of over 750 people working together to make a vibrant and enjoyable place to study, develop and achieve.
Support & Pastoral Care
For those Postgraduates with children aged 15 and under, The Childcare Office can provide support and information on local childcare provision, schools and childcare bursaries. The link below will take you to their website.
The Postgraduate Safety Course (Scientific and certain other Departments) will take place at the beginning of term (details available nearer the time). Postgraduates who need to attend will be sent information by their Department. Further details on this course can be found here.
Other College policies can be found in the documents and policies section of this website. Once you have a Raven login, you will also be able to access the Junior Members Data Protection Statement and many other useful documents here.
Information for International Students
- University Website for International Students
- University International Student Guide
- Tier 4 Responsibilities
- Collecting your BRP
- Police Registration
- Health Issues for Overseas Students
NB: All students are required to register with a local GP on arrival in Cambridge, and then to inform the College. There is an online submission form which you will be able to access once you have a Raven login, for completion after you have enrolled with a local doctors surgery. Please complete this form within a month of your arrival at the College.
Other Welcome to Cambridge Events
These events are hosted by Alumni Groups around the world from Tuesday 1 September to Wednesday 30 September and are not compulsory to attend. Visit the Cambridge University Freshers' Events webpage to find your nearest event.