Postgraduate Freshers' Information
Blank text. Click here to edit.
The following documents are available in PDF format:
To opt out of hard copies of these documents please complete this form.
If you do not complete this form, a hard copy pack of documents will be printed for you.
Welcome to your Postgraduate Studies
Please read these documents first. The other sections below give more detailed information. We will continue to add information to this webpage, so do please check here regularly for updates.
- Postgraduate Tutors Welcome
- MCR Freshers' Guide 2021
- Postgraduate Freshers Week 2021
- ACCD letter for your doctor - updates to follow
- Request for information on increased susceptibility to infectious diseases (freshers) - updates to follow
The MCR website has information about the MCR (Middle Combination Room).
Accommodation and Finance
- First Payment and Payment of Fees
- Postgrad Fresher Pack Guarantee Funding 2021-22
- Domestic Matters
- Postgraduate Estimated Expenses 2021-22
- Arrangements for paying your rent and First Payment and Grad Flats - Full Version 2021-22
- Bank Account Details 2021-22
If you wish to open a bank account in Cambridge, please fill in this online bank form to request a bank introduction letter.
The letter will be available after you have completed your College ID checks.
Please do not make an appointment with a bank prior to collecting this letter.
Support & Pastoral Care
- Dean's Letter
- College Counsellor
- University Counselling Service - updates to follow
- Chapel Contact form
For those Postgraduates with children aged 15 and under, The Childcare Office can provide support and information on local childcare provision, schools and childcare bursaries. The link below will take you to their website.
The Postgraduate Safety Course (Scientific and certain other Departments) will take place at the beginning of term (details available nearer the time). Postgraduates who need to attend will be sent information by their Department. Further details on this course can be found here.
Other College policies can be found in the documents and policies section of this website. Once you have a Raven login, you will also be able to access the Junior Members Data Protection Statement and many other useful documents here.
Information for International Students
- University Website for International Students
- University Pre-arrival information
- Student Visa Responsibilities
- Collecting your BRP
- Police Registration
- Health Issues for Overseas Students
NB: All students are required to register with a local GP on arrival in Cambridge, and then to inform the College. There is an online submission form which you will be able to access once you have a Raven login, for completion after you have enrolled with a local doctors surgery. Please complete this form within a month of your arrival at the College.
Other Welcome to Cambridge Events
These events are hosted by Alumni Groups around the world from Sunday 1 August to Thursday 30 September and are not compulsory to attend. Visit the Cambridge University Freshers' Events webpage to find your nearest event.