Booking a Wedding at Emmanuel is easy:
- We can cater for a maximum of 130 guests for the Wedding Breakfast, and require a minimum of 100 guests.
- If you wish to be married in the Chapel this must be agreed at a meeting with the Dean (old and current members should be able to obtain the necessary licence without difficulty). You will then need to discuss arrangements with the Conference and Catering Offices at the College.
- The Venue Charge from 2016 is £4000+VAT (for Current and Old Members of College the venue charge is £2000+VAT) which covers use of the College rooms and gardens, and includes the use of the College silver cake stand, all linen and cutlery, a room for the use the Bride and Groom on the day and all service charges.
- To confirm the booking the College requires a non-returnable deposit (£1000 + VAT). A single account will be sent to the given address less the deposit, and this should be settled within 28 days.
- Your choice of menu and wines should be confirmed at least one month before the event and final numbers of guests 15 days prior (minor adjustments may be made up to 48 hours prior and this number will be used for final invoicing). We reserve the right to move the event to a more suitable room if numbers should drop by more than 20% of the original estimate.
- Please note that confetti is not allowed and there should be no walking on the lawn in Front Court. There are a number of large ponds in the College grounds and children must be supervised at all times. There is no smoking in any of the rooms.
- Guests are asked to leave quietly by 11.30pm so as not to disturb members of College in residence.
- VAT at the current rate will be added to the final bill.
- All food and drinks must be purchased from the College - we do not offer a corkage service.
Note: The College does not have a licence to perform civil ceremonies.