Emmanuel's elegant, historic surroundings and our care & attention to detail will make your day a unique and joyful experience.
If you would like to be married in the College Chapel, the Dean will meet you to discuss & agree this. Ceremonies usually begin at 14:00, but this can be discussed. Alumni & current College members should be able to obtain the necessary marriage licence without difficulty.
Following the ceremony, drinks can be served in a variety of locations. We can offer both waiter service and bar tables across our spectacular gardens & stylish rooms. Often the locations for drinks depend on the weather:
- if sunny, we serve in the expansive Paddock
- in mixed weather, the quiet & dignified Chapel Cloisters are used
- if wet of cold, drinks are served in the light, wood-panelled Old Library
We offer a variety of drinks for receptions. Champagne, Prosecco or Pimm's are our usual drinks menu. Fruit punch & sparkling elderflower pressé are also available. Our drinks receptions are usually between one & two hours in length. This is to give you time to take your wedding photos and mingle with guests.
Our College Hall provides an elegant venue for your wedding breakfast, which usually begins at 17:00. The Hall is permanently laid in the format of a medieval hall: the traditional Cambridge college layout. A 'high table' of eighteenth-century oak is laid on a dais. This is illuminated by bright, mullioned windows on either sided. Three historic oak & spruce benches are laid at right angles. Each of these span the length of the Hall.
Our table settings include:
- White tablecloths, College-crested napkins & silver candles
- Menus & place cards, supplied by the College
- Chairs or benches (according to your table plan & numbers)
- Your cake set on the silver College stand, & placed by the bay windows.
Our service usually allows for starter & main course before a pause. This is to allow you to cut the cake, after which it will be taken away to be cut. Dessert can then be served before speeches & toasts, followed by coffee & wedding cake.
Our Old Library, with its medieval open-timber screen, is bright and distinguished. This can provide you with a flat-floor location for entertainment in the evening. We offer a variety of evening buffets in the Old Library. These can be instead of a wedding breakfast, or in addition.
We also offer a cash bar in the adjoining tranquil herb garden. It is located in an elegant Marquee, against the pale ochre stone walls of New Court. The Bar will serve until 23:15.
The bar will offer (in addition to any other drinks made available on request):
- White & red wine
- Spirit selection, with mixers
- Bottled lagers
- Soft drinks
- We will provide a table plan of the Hall in its permanent, historic layout for your number of guests. The tables will not be moved from their positions.
- The final table plan should be delivered a few days before your wedding, together with place cards.
- Flowers may be delivered on the morning of the wedding, and will be set according to your instructions.
- Special dietary requirements can be catered for. It is vital that you inform us of any guests with allergies (nuts, lactose, specific products etc.), in significant advance.
- We can invoice only to one main account, which includes any associated accommodation booked in the College.