Conference Rooms

The College has a number of conference rooms which can accommodate a wide variety of meetings & events.

Click on a room for full details and layouts:

Photo of Queen's Building

Queen's Building

Voted 'Building of the Year' when it was opened, The Queen's Building is a contemporary, purpose-built facility ideally suited for conferences, meetings and corporate events. The building houses our impressive, tiered Theatre & there are three additional rooms which can be used as break out rooms or for serving refreshments. See separate section.

Theatre: 120 seated
Timmy Hele Room/Seminar Room: 20 seated
Harrods Room: 40 seated, 60 standing

Photo of Camden House

Camden House

Camden House is an elegant Regency House with two well-equipped meeting rooms: Camden House Drawing Room has a view of the garden and Camden House Meeting Room overlooks Parker’s Piece. Both rooms are set up boardroom style and have wall mounted whiteboards and flip charts. In addition the Drawing Room is equipped with an Interactive Whiteboard. Refreshments and buffets can be served in both rooms.

Drawing Room: 20 seated, Meeting Room: 15 seated

Photo of Douglas Finlay Museum

Douglas Finlay Museum

A most unusual meeting room offering a glimpse of College history, the Museum is housed in Old Court, the oldest part of the College, completed in 1634. Around the room are displayed a wide range of interesting artifacts and memorabilia connected to the history of the College. Ideal for a range of small corporate events such as a board meeting or away days the room is set with a board table and chairs. Refreshments and buffets can be served.

12 seated.

Photo of Old Library

Old Library

Originally the College Chapel the open timber screen is from the original medieval building. After the completion of the Wren chapel, the room was used from 1680 to 1930 as the College library. Now used for meetings and lectures, concerts, plays and other social functions the room is hung with portraits which include a full-length picture of the Founder, Sir Walter Mildmay, painted for the College in 1588.

100 seated, 130 standing.

Photo of Robert Gardner Room

Robert Gardner Room

Named after a Bursar of the College the Gardner Room is sited in the Front range on St Andrews Street. This frontage was built to designs by James Essex in 1769-75 in the neo-classical style.

45 seated, 60 standing.

Photo of Upper Hall

Upper Hall

The Upper Hall was added to the College along with new kitchens in 1959 in a Scottish Lowlands vernacular style, designed by a Member of the College, Robert Hurd, who had worked with great success on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh. The room provides a flexible space with a built in bar in one corner. Ideal for a conference set up or for dining the room overlooks the herb garden of New Court.

100 seated, 130 standing.

Photo of Thomas Young Room

Thomas Young Room

Where the Fellows did indeed use to take breakfast, the room is also known as the Thomas Young Room after a famous member of the College. A genuine polymath, Sir Thomas developed the wave theory of light as well as devising the Young modulus and deciphering hieroglyphs using the Rosetta stone. It is the only dining room with a view of Front Court and the Wren Chapel.

10 seated.

Photo of Thomas Young Room

Thomas Young Room

Where the Fellows did indeed use to take breakfast, the room is also known as the Thomas Young Room after a famous member of the College. A genuine polymath, Sir Thomas developed the wave theory of light as well as devising the Young modulus and deciphering hieroglyphs using the Rosetta stone. It is the only dining room with a view of Front Court and the Wren Chapel.

10 seated.