The College has conference rooms to accommodate a wide variety of events and meetings. The award winning Queen’s Building complex can seat 130 delegates in the Theatre and has three break out rooms. In addition there are a number of flexible spaces available from the historic Douglas Finlay Museum to the elegance of the Regency Camden House meeting rooms.
Click on a room for full details and layouts:
Voted 'Building of the Year' when it was opened, The Queen's Building is a contemporary, purpose-built facility ideally suited for conferences, meetings and corporate events. The building houses our impressive, tiered Theatre & there are three additional rooms which can be used as break out rooms or for serving refreshments. See separate section.
Theatre: 120 seated
Timmy Hele Room/Seminar Room: 20 seated
Harrods Room: 40 seated, 60 standing
Camden House is an elegant Regency House with two well-equipped meeting rooms: Camden House Drawing Room has a view of the garden and Camden House Meeting Room overlooks Parker’s Piece. Both rooms are set up boardroom style and have wall mounted whiteboards and flip charts. In addition the Drawing Room is equipped with an Interactive Whiteboard. Refreshments and buffets can be served in both rooms.
Drawing Room: 20 seated, Meeting Room: 15 seated
A most unusual meeting room offering a glimpse of College history, the Museum is housed in Old Court, the oldest part of the College, completed in 1634. Around the room are displayed a wide range of interesting artifacts and memorabilia connected to the history of the College. Ideal for a range of small corporate events such as a board meeting or away days the room is set with a board table and chairs. Refreshments and buffets can be served.
Originally the College Chapel the open timber screen is from the original medieval building. After the completion of the Wren chapel, the room was used from 1680 to 1930 as the College library. Now used for meetings and lectures, concerts, plays and other social functions the room is hung with portraits which include a full-length picture of the Founder, Sir Walter Mildmay, painted for the College in 1588.
100 seated, 130 standing.
Named after a Bursar of the College the Gardner Room is sited in the Front range on St Andrews Street. This frontage was built to designs by James Essex in 1769-75 in the neo-classical style.
45 seated, 60 standing.
The Upper Hall was added to the College along with new kitchens in 1959 in a Scottish Lowlands vernacular style, designed by a Member of the College, Robert Hurd, who had worked with great success on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh. The room provides a flexible space with a built in bar in one corner. Ideal for a conference set up or for dining the room overlooks the herb garden of New Court.
100 seated, 130 standing.
Where the Fellows did indeed use to take breakfast, the room is also known as the Thomas Young Room after a famous member of the College. A genuine polymath, Sir Thomas developed the wave theory of light as well as devising the Young modulus and deciphering hieroglyphs using the Rosetta stone. It is the only dining room with a view of Front Court and the Wren Chapel.
Lined with books A1 is suitable for meetings for up to 14 people arranged board room or classroom style with the charming Ante room for refreshments and buffets.
A1: 14 seated.