We treat each applicant as an individual and make our offers based on all the information available to us. The process is competitive and we will make our selection based principally on our assessment of your academic potential.
We have your application form, with your past academic record, your school reference, personal statement, any written work you may have been asked to submit and assessment results (such as the BMAT).
STUDENTS REGISTERED AT ANOTHER UNIVERSITY: It is not possible to transfer or apply mid-course from another University (either in the UK or from overseas) to Emmanuel College. Applicants must be prepared to undertake a full course of study at Emmanuel in order to proceed to a degree of the University of Cambridge. Prospective applicants would need to withdraw from their current course, in order to be considered, and even then there is no guarantee that you will be accepted by the College.
Standard Offer Conditions:
For all examination systems, we expect offer holders to take all of the examinations they declare to us, via their UCAS application.
- A-levels – A*A*A for Sciences (excluding Psychological and Behavioural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine) and Economics; A*AA for Arts (excluding Economics), Psychological and Behavioural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine.
- International Baccalaureate – 776 in Higher Level subjects and 41 or 42 points overall.
- Scottish Advanced Highers – grades AAA in Advanced Higher subjects.
- Irish Leaving Certificate - grades H1H1H1 in relevant Higher Level subjects.
- Cambridge Pre-U – D2D3D3 or D2D2D3 in principal subjects. We also welcome applications from students studying a mix of Pre-U and A-level.
- French Baccalaureate – 16 overall, with 16 in specified subjects. We may, on occasion, ask for 17 overall.
- European Baccalaureate - 90% overall. We may also ask for scores of 999 in specific subjects.
- Abitur – 1.1 overall, with 14 or 15 in specified subjects.
- Advanced Placements – at least 55555 in specified subjects. We also expect scores of more than 700 in SAT IIs.
Other Examination Systems – if you are studying for another qualification, please check the University's EU and International Qualifications page or contact the Admissions Officer, for further advice.