This year we will be repeating our 2021 Japanese taster event with Dr Moretti & current Emmanuel students!
This event is no longer accepting applications.
In March 2022, students are invited to get a taste of University study of Japanese. At Cambridge, this is part of the AMES course). Both workshops will be held on Zoom.
Both sessions are aimed at beginner level students. Those with formal experience of Japanese may not find these taster sessions useful. Dr Moretti will lead both sessions. We will also be joined by 2 current Emmanuel students in each session.
- 10 March 17:00-18:00: First sentences in Japanese
- 17 March17:00-18:00: Japanese writing
Students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- UK student
- In Year 11 or 12/S4 or S5 (Scotland)/Year 12 or 13 (NI).
In the case of over–subscription, we will prioritise students who:
- Live & attend school in our link areas of Sheffield/Essex/Thurrock/Southend–on–Sea
- Attend a ConnectToCambridge schools (Trumpington Community College, Cromwell Community College)
- Attend a state comprehensive school
- OR meet at least one of our widening participation criteria
Interested? Apply here by Tuesday 1 March 17:00
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org