Wedding Catering Guide
A senior member of the College catering staff will be your contact on the day and will liaise with you in regard to timings/speeches and other arrangements.
The location for drinks following your wedding ceremony will depend on the weather: they will be served in the Paddock if sunny, the Chapel Cloisters if the weather is mixed, or the Old Library if wet or cold. Drinks will be served from a table and will also be circulated by staff.
Popular drinks include Champagne, sparkling wine or sherry, along with Pimms in the summer or mulled wine for a winter wedding. Soft drinks such as fruit punch and sparkling elderflower pressé are available. Your guests will be requested to move forward to the Hall, usually by 4:30pm.
The Wedding Breakfast
The table setting in the Hall includes:
- White standard tablecloths, College crested napkins & candles
- Menu cards supplied by the College
- Chairs or benches according to your table plan
- Your wedding cake will be set upon the College silver cake stand and placed on a table in the Hall.
The final table plan should be delivered a few days before your wedding together with place cards. Flowers may be delivered on the morning of the wedding and will be set according to your instructions. The wedding breakfast usually begins at about 5.00pm. After clearing the first course your choice of wine will be served to announce the main course and during the meal staff will circulate to refill glasses.
The Bride and Groom will cut the cake after the main course has been cleared and before the speeches. The cake will be taken away, cut and served with coffee and mints. A glass of Champagne for the Toast is customary to announce the speeches.
For your evening reception a cash bar can be set up in the Pagoda marquee in New Court with entertainment in the Old Library.
The bar will offer:
- Bottled lager
- A selection of spirits
- White and red wine
- Soft drinks
Other drinks can be made available on request.
We can also offer a selection of evening buffets, and we will be happy to discuss your requirements with you. The bar will serve until 11.15pm and the wedding party & guests must vacate the College by 11.30pm promptly.
- The tables in the Hall cannot be moved from their positions on the plan which will be provided.
- Your florist will set the tables for you and any changes after the wedding ceremony must be carried out by one of the wedding party.
- Special dietary requirements can be catered for - please inform us of any guests with allergies (nuts, lactose, specific products, etc.).
- We can invoice only to one main account: this includes any associated accommodation booked in College. Members of the College can be invoiced to their personal accounts.
- We will be happy to discuss your catering arrangements and can offer expert advice on wines, menus and procedure. Please contact us in the first instance by email at email@example.com.