Facilities in College
- A blue recycling bag is provided in each room to temporarily store and carry recycling to one of the bins in college. These bags are included in the furniture of the room and so you will be charged on your College bill if they’re not there at the end of each term. So please don’t take them away!
- Large recycling bins in North, South and East Courts (shown by the green stars on the map) for:
- Plastic (South Court only)
- Cardboard (from October 2009)
- A Green Wardens Scheme. A Green Warden will be appointed in each staircase to:
- Promote the Green Duck Scheme and Emmanuel as an environmentally friendly college.
- Encourage recycling and energy efficiency amongst other students.
- Form a communication link between students, bedders and Green Officer.
- Information sheets should be displayed on each staircase to give information on what can and cannot be recycled.
- Green Officers are available to answer any questions you may have.
Facilities in Outside Properties
- Recycling boxes are supplied by the Council. Each house should have black, blue and green boxes/bins, to be replaced by a large blue wheelie bin in October 2009. Collections take place on a fortnightly timetable.
- Collection timetables and information sheets should be displayed in each house.
It is also possible to recycle a wide variety of other materials in Cambridge. Please see the PDF document below for details and the other links for further information.
This page is owned by the Webmaster.